For over a decade people have looked towards “2020 Vision”… what is our vision, our hope for the Church for 2020 and beyond…
Could you be part of a Mission Makeover?
The three congregations of Morvern, Ardgour and Strontian have been dipping into reserves over recent years. The simple fact is: if we do nothing to turn things around we are talking months rather than years until the congregations cease to be viable. Covid19 has brought this reality into sharp focus – but this is a long standing time of decline.
Finance is easily measured. Behind reduced income lies declining membership and engagement with the life of the Church. Let me repeat: If we do nothing, we are going nowhere.
But, we can do something… So, are you up for a few months of massive action to make a difference – not to get us back to “normal” – but to move forward in the mission and adventure of faith in Jesus Christ
- Will you pray regularly for the congregations?
- Could you raise some funds for the congregation(s)? Is there something you could produce and make available for others with proceeds going to Church funds?
- Would you be interested in resurrecting the idea of a FundRaising Recipe Book?
- Could you help with some of the admin tasks, freeing up some of the minister’s time for mission and ministry?
- Could you lead a prayer in worship? Or write a prayer to share online?
- Could you share the Church facebook page to family and friends and tell them what you value about being a part of the congregation?
- Will you encourage family, friends and neighbours to join in the online quiz?
- Could you make a special one-off donation beyond your regular weekly offering?
- Can you think of other things to add to this list?
- … more will be added to this work in progress.
On the eve of Pentecost, the 10days of the Thy Kingdom Come prayer initiate ends… and what better time to pray for others and ourselves that the Spirit may touch and inspire.
What’s on this Whitsun weekend
Whitsun, or White Sunday is another name for Pentecost when the Church celebrates the coming of the promised Holy Spirit to inspire and enthuse the Church… it was in a sense the Church’s Birthday… and we celebrate the ongoing life of the Church this week – 31st May.
Click the links for more information
- Sunday 7.30am – BBC Radio Scotland: New Every Sunday, Act of worship
- Sunday Worship with Rt Rev Dr Martin Fair, Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland can be watched on the Church of Scotland Website from 10am. Audio only also available to listen to via The Linked Parishes Podcast or by calling 01173 252 399
- Sunday 11.15 on BBC1 – Reflections from the Quay
Rev Tara Granados, Ibrox Parish Church, Glasgow and David Strachan talk to Madinah Javed about the importance of Ramadan and the festival of Eid. Plus music from Siobhan Miller and Euan Burton.
- Invitation to light a candle and pray at 7pm
Tuesday 2nd – 3pm – Bible Study – A Zoom through the Book of Joshua. If you’d like to join in this… have a read over Joshua Chapter 1, and let Donald know you’d like to join in and he’ll send you the link. All welcome…and it’s about learning and sharing together – so you don’t need expert Biblical knowledge! If getting online on Zoom is a problem, you can join via telephone – Donald can give you the number and access code to key in.
Wednesday 3rd – 10.30am – Coffee and Chat… (make your own coffee!) – again contact Donald for login details.
Sunday 7th 11am – As well as the video worship to view… on 7th we will also have an opportunity to gather virtually for Communion via Zoom.
The Lord’s Prayer
Pray the Lord’s prayer in whatever language and form is most familiar to you…
Then pray it again in a different form…
You will find several including this one:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours. Now and for ever. Amen.
You can listen to audio recordings of Sunday Worship Services via The Linked Parishes Podcast or by telephoning 01173 252 399
Subscribe via iTunes
- Sunday 3rd January 2021
- Worship for Sunday 27th December led by the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.
A song: How Great Thou art
How great Thou art… if we believe that… it’s worth sharing isn’t it?
Lord God, How great thou art! Thank you that your greatness touches and shapes my living. Help me to share that good news with just one other person. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Take up the challenge you have just prayed…