There will be a time of worship at Ardgour Parish Church on Sunday 6th September. Attendance will be strictly limited to 16 household groups. 13 have already ‘booked’, please contact Rev Donald if you would like to attend.
The Scottish Government restrictions are that gatherings are restricted to 8 people from 3 households indoors, and 15 people from 5 households outdoors. There are privileged exceptions allowing up to 20 people to gather for a funeral or wedding service outdoors, and gatherings of up to 50 people for worship services in church buildings subject to maintaining 2m social distancing. Ardgour Church’s seating limit is 16 household groups. The following measures will be observed to comply with Church and Government regulations:
- Anyone with any Covid Symptoms must not enter the Church Building.
- You must decide for yourself if it is safe for you to be in a gathering with other people/ A self assessment tool is available at: https://churchofscotland.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/68719/Appendix-4-060820.pdf
- Face Coverings should be worn while in the Church building and hand gel should be used on arrival.
- Names and contact details will be required for Trace and Protect purposes.
- 2m distancing is to be observed including any queuing on arrival Seating areas will be marked and you will be allocated a seat.
- The time of worship will be shorter than usual, with prayers, readings, music and reflection but no singing.
- Sunday’s service will be broadcast via Zoom. If you don’t already have the Church Zoom login details and wish to participate in this way please contact Rev Donald. There will be a worship video as usual on the Church YouTube Channel by 10am, and an audio version at 01173 252 399
- Your Offering will not be uplifted as usual – there will be offering plates at the entrance and exit doors.
- Only the minister will be in the chancel area at the front of the church – and while leading worship may remove face covering.
- There will be a ONE WAY system in operation. Please arrive at the main front door, seating will be allocated from the front of the Church to the back. You will leave by the door close to the pulpit, and are requested not to congregate with others but to make your way home immediately.
- If anyone has to leave for any reason during worship they should do so using the nearest exit.
- The toilet will be available for use, please observe instructions on the notices there.