The Advent journey has begun…
Advent is a time of expectant waiting. We remember not just that Jesus was born 2000 years ago, but that he comes into our experience today.
Each day during Advent there is a short reflection based on a chapter of Luke’s Gospel (which conveniently has 24 chapters!) Even if you didn’t start on the 1st, you can start today and catch up!
Enjoy the season, and if you would like to speak with the minister please don’t hesitate to phone 01967 402234
Tuesday 10th Dec
- 2.30pm – Ardgour and Strontian Guild at Ardgour Church
Saturday 14th Dec
- Christmas Journey along the Avenue with friends from the Abernethy Centre. Meet at Ardgour Church from 2.30pm for fun activities for all ages. Gather at 4pm for a candlelight walk along the avenue… Who will we meet along the way..?
Sunday 15th Dec – 3rd Sunday in Advent
- Cafe Church Family Celebration at Ardgour Memorial Hall. Coffee, tea and bacon rolls from 9.30pm, followed by informal engaging thoughtful Christmas worship for all ages.
- 10am at Strontian Church, led by Ella Gill
- 12noon at Ardgour Church, led by Ella Gill
- 4pm at Kiel Church, Morvern – Family Christmas Service, led by Rev Donald.
Monday 16th Dec
- 2.45pm – Carols with Ardgour School at Ardgour Church
Tuesday 17th Dec
- 4.30pm – Carols by Candlelight at Kingairloch Church
- 7pm – Carols, Mince pies and mulled wine at Treslaig Village Hall
Thursday 19th Dec
- 7pm – Carols by the Tree at Strontian (beside the police station)
Friday 20th Dec
- 9.45am – Prayers for the Church, the Nation and the World at Strontian Church
- 11am – Carols at Dailmhor Nursing Home. Do come along and join the choir of angels!
Saturday 21st Dec
- 9am – Christmas Breakfast at the Ariundle Centre, Strontian. £6 bookings to Rev Donald or use the online booking form Full breakfast, fun activities for all ages, Christmas carols and lots of fun for everyone.
Sunday 22nd Dec – 4th Sunday in Advent
- 10am – Readings and Carols at Strontian Church, led by Ella Gill
- 11am – Christmas Brunch at Lochaline Hall, with Burach Choir. £6, bookings to Creina Jackson 01967 421635 – or use the online booking form Full breakfast, fun activities for all ages, Christmas carols and lots of fun for everyone.
- 12noon – Readings at Carols at Ardgour Church, led by Ella Gill
- 4pm – Readings and Carols at Kiel Church, Morvern
- 7pm – Carols at Lochaline Village Hall (offering for Glasgow, Lodging House Mission)
- 7pm Carols by Candlelight at Strontian Church
There will be an offering to be split between Strontian Parish Church, and Lochaber Hope
- 11.30pm Watchnight Service at Kiel Church, Morvern
There will be an offering for Shelter Scotland.
- 11.30pm Watchnight Service at Ardgour Church (carols from 11.15pm)
The Ardgour Watchnight Service will be live-streamed – the link to view will be here in due course.
There will be an offering to be split between Ardgour Parish Church, and Lochaber Hope
- A Christmas Message will be posted here for Christmas Day.
Sunday 29th December (5th Sunday of Month)
- 11am – One Joint Service at Strontian Church, followed by a light lunch to which all are warmly invited.
Sundays in 2020
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Sundays of the month
- 10am – Kiel Church, Morvern
- 12noon – Strontian Church, Anaheilt
- 4pm – Ardgour Church
- 2nd Sunday of the Month 2pm Worship at Kingairloch Church
- 3rd Sundays of the Month – 9.30am – cafe Church at Ardgour Memorial Hall
- 4th Sunday of the Month – 12noon – Messy Church at Lochaline Hall
- 5th Sundays of the Month – ONE SHARED 11am service at one venue