Statement from Church Leaders ahead of 31st January 2020
The full statement ends:
“We will only be able to move towards having a sense of common purpose, despite our differences, when we choose to act with kindness, humility and respect towards those with whom we disagree. We call on our political leaders to set an example over the next weeks and months as we move towards negotiations which will require further decisions about priorities for the nations of the UK.
For our part, our Churches will be working and praying for:
- a society where the poorest and most marginalised are at the centre
- a society that welcomes the stranger
- a just economy that enables the flourishing of all life
- a planet where the environment is renewed
- a world which actively works for peace
- a politics characterised by listening, kindness and truthfulness.
We pray for the people of the UK, for our leaders, and for the whole of Europe, as we mark this significant moment together.”